coronet minor question ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treefella83

Established Member
Reaction score
my dads got an old coronet minor with table saw/ planer and disc sander attachments that he bought a while ago and in the short time that i was playing with the lathe i noticed that it had a small chuck that was a bit like a drill chuck and it screwed sraight on to the head stock.
the thing that confused me was that in the chucks small jaws was a router bit.
i didnt spend that long looking at all the parts that were there but is it possible that this lathe could have been used as a router table at some time in its life ?
cheers jon

Alf is spot on. The chuck is designed to hold slot mortice bits, the smaller ones of which were single flute just like a router bit. There is nowhere near enough speed to use conventional router bits with safety.

I still have my original Minor purchased in 1972 for £17.00, everything was extra and avaiable separately, including the motor, motor mount and guard! Those were the days! :lol:

Alan

cheers thanks a lot.
next time i visit my dad i think i will drag everything out of the shed and give it all a good clean up and make sure that everything is there.
he has only used it once and if i had the room in my shed i would make him an offer for the lathe.

Latest posts

Back