Conservatory moulding

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craylad

Established Member
Reaction score
Any ideas on where I could get this decorative moulding? I have got to replace the frame and windows and I can see that when removing, chances are that it will not come off too well without it splitting.

Image005.jpg

Image003.jpg

if it were me i would make it myself as suggested above.Otherwise try a google for dentil mouldings.

should be easy enought to round over some square stock with a hand plane. Maybe chamfer the edge 1st

I dont think you,ll find mop/brush handles that are 2 1/2" thick.Easy to turn some on a lathe (add a few mm for a saw kerf),then just slice it into sections and quarter it.

I didn't mean broom handles.I meant mopstick mould commonly used for doing leadwork on bay windows and occasionally as handrail.

Thanks for the input guys. I did see some log roll in a timber merchant the other day. I may try that. But I will also consider the mopstick. I may not need it if I can remove it carefully and re-use the quardant bits.

Back