conservatory furniture

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ring

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for plans for making my own conservatory furniture, I recently bought a pallet load of oak and I am starting my conservatory in February so thought I would have a go at making my own 3 piece suite for it but could really do with a set of plans to work from any ideas or sites that could be worth a visit ?
Jim

One thing to bear in mind is that you are going to get a LOT of movement in the timber you are using for your furniture.

I know from bitter experience that conservatories (especially south facing) are about the worst possible environment for wooden furniture. Dont even THINK about using solid timber for table tops etc as it will cup like a banana in weeks. Use veneered MDF or ply wherever you can.

All the best
Dunk

Hi Jim.

I had a solid oak suite in the conservatory, it split, cracked all the joints came loose :oops: . now in the workshop for making bits from. :roll:

Cheers
Neil

Another thing to consider is any fabric used, even in our north facing situation the fabric needs replacing every 3-4 years because of UV damage. Our units are cane based and can flex as much as they like.

Tnx guys will maybe reconsider things again perhaps i would be better just buying cane furniture instead.

Latest posts

Back