Confused by dust extractors!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have made a discovery with regards to my ailment............a real surprise I have to say ! and the culprit is one you would never suspect ?..............
I started giving the symptoms a careful scrutiny, since the post about the dangers of wood dust, I noted my actions with regard to those that may cause invisible dust particles.
My "workshop", until I build the new house, is actually my extension (10ft X 30ft), I use about half of it...the furthest from the kitchen on to which it is built......
Sometimes swmbo complains about the dust and the smell of burning timber when the saw blade slips out of true which is often since it is a radial arm saw.........where was I ??...erm ??.are yes . I know.... the phlegm ( don't you just love the English language, phlegm = ?)....
I noticed that...... whilst engaged in converting solid timber into invisible single digit occupants of the micron scale the phlegm producing autonomic part of my anatomy seemed to be un-aware of my endeavours, asleep almost, or, perhaps intent on their single goal but not succeeding and thus distracted.
Every now and again the need for caffiene would overtake my wish to complete the task in hand, being a gentle soul and accomodating to a fault, I re-kindle the urge to make a "mash" and brew up..........
it is whilst consuming and appreciating and the finer points of the much loved Brooke Bond (Do you ride tandem?) that my lungs begin their unrepentable desire to drown me ! which of course they would but for the coughing fits.....
We (swmbo) and I pondered the problem and any other cause apart from micronic dust, we discussed the onset, about one year ago, very mild and almost un-noticeable, to the present , fill a mug an hour............we found the answer.
The problem only started when I took a break and sat down for a spot of web browsing / tele watching, when I returned to the woodworking..it ceased..?
We monitored my bronchial outpourings very carefully to be sure of that which we suspected , we removed and the replaced the object and confirmed that it was definately the culprit ????
It got much worse when swmbo replaced it with a newer, modern version, strangely.. a more potent "Better" offspring than its forbears ?
definately "more potent"...........if I were prone to the American ideology, which thankfully I am not.....I would be suing the owners / sellers of the unquestionable perpetrator of the most uncomfortable and worrying twelve months of my 60+ years..............an Airwick plug in..........I kid you not !!

Hope you enjoyed the read... :D

Back