compressor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rknott2007

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a quickie, can compressors be placed vertically? or shall i say as if it was sitting on the tank? of do they need to be in their normal upright position to work properly?

thank you in advance

Rob

My one does or all the oil falls out!

23042009668.jpg

23042009670.jpg

:D :D :wink:

Jim

jimi43":3oztrpwg said:
My one does or all the oil falls out!

23042009668.jpg

23042009670.jpg

:D :D :wink:

Jim

No doubt that you got that at the boot sale following the de-commissioning of the ark!

I will possibly run forever tho'

:lol:

Bob

Actually Bob...I got that on fleabay for fifty squids! Worth every penny and is virtually silent!

Sorry to hijack your thread Rob...I am sure Bob will be able to answer your original question!

Cheers

Jim

Sorry Rob. Please excuse my frivolity :wink:

As Jim has said, oil filled compressors do need to be the 'right way up' ie sump at the bottom, oil filler at the highest point. If you have an oil free compressor, then you should be able to mount this at any attitude.

The receiver needs to have the drain cock at the bottom and the air take off in inlet points well above the drain. Oil and water traps in line, needs to be the right way up as do oil feed devices for tool lubrication.

If appropriate, then separating the compressor from the receiver with a short length of suitable pipe might allow you to re-jig things to your needs.

Hope this helps

Bob

Back