Compound Mitre saw Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solicitus

Established Member
Reaction score
Got my workshop broken into this week, which is a bit of a pain. Their attempts to lever open the double doors were unsuccessful, so they removed the heavy glazing bars ( 2 by 1's ) by levering them out with a spade I had stupidly left in the potato patch. They then entered and left via the window taking my compound mitre saw with them. On balance I am far more upset about them breaking in than I am about losing the saw, which was a cheapo Fury evolution that I had bought to replace my Dewalt that had previously been stolen from my garage.

Anyway, every cloud and all that, I need to replace it with something better, budget is about £300. Any up to date recommendations would be gladly received.

Robert

Sorry to hear about the break in :( Hopefully they play with it and lose a digit or 2!!

I have had one of these for years and is still going strong; despite being left outside under a tarpaulin for a few months (long story)

http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/s ... LFTw6ZXHhA

You may be able to pick one up with the side leg stands that making working with longer lengths OR add a bit to the budget and get the half size DeWalt Mitre Saw stand which makes it much easier. You can find them on the Bay reconditioned for about £80 (the stand) Lock the 777 to that and no one is going anywhere with it ;) I'm 6' 5" and 20 odd stone and I struggle to move the 2 together, let alone when it has it's big brother the 305mm on it ;)

Cheers,

Jon.

I don't have any experience with compound saws but sorry to hear about the burglary, really awful.

Back