coloured hollow form

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy43

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
Another form from me, this is a first for me as I have never coloured anything before nor turned a finial. Anyway its approx. 9" high x 4" at its widest, sorry again for quality of pics, c&c welcome as usual
Andy
chf8.jpg

chf9.jpg

Attachments

• chf8.jpg
    chf8.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 852
  • chf9.jpg
    chf9.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 852
Well I don't know how long it took you or how much nervous tension was involved in forming both the body and the finial but to my eyes it was well worth it.

If that's your first Finial then all I can say is that you studied the literature, absorbed the contents, then applied inherent skill to implement the form.

A piece to be proud of.

I love everything about that piece, great work.

Do you mind me asking what you used to colour and technique please?

Carl

CHJ":1g2nwylp said:
Well I don't know how long it took you or how much nervous tension was involved in forming both the body and the finial but to my eyes it was well worth it.

If that's your first Finial then all I can say is that you studied the literature, absorbed the contents, then applied inherent skill to implement the form.

A piece to be proud of.
Thank you Chas
I think time wise, the turning was about an hour and half, it was the ebonising and finishing that took the longest, but it was good fun to do, and I learnt a lot from doing it
Andy

I have not been ignoring Andy's post here as I commented else where but here is what I said about it elsewhere(This is one of the problems being on so many forums as Andy knows.

A great hollow form Andy and the finial looks good except for the step where they join it could have been a little smaller as it interupts the flow between the two.

Back