Collar for Holdfast

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vomog

Reaction score
Hi all
Does anyone know if the collar sold by Axminster tools for their bench holdfast, is compatible with the Record 145? I contacted Axminster, and was told they do not stock Record holdfasts. Not a lot of help.

Cheers. John

Making holdfast collars to suit your holdfasts is a trivial turning job with the right gear. They need to be a few thou larger bore than the holdfast stem. Maybe a local machine shop could help you for a few red wine vouchers?

Myfordman":294shoos said:
Making holdfast collars to suit your holdfasts is a trivial turning job with the right gear. They need to be a few thou larger bore than the holdfast stem. Maybe a local machine shop could help you for a few red wine vouchers?

Some of the collars have internal ribbing, so that the engagement with the bumps on the holdfast stem is more positive, which would complicate fabrication a little.

BugBear

vomog":2964iu3k said:
Hi all
Does anyone know if the collar sold by Axminster tools for their bench holdfast, is compatible with the Record 145? I contacted Axminster, and was told they do not stock Record holdfasts. Not a lot of help.

Cheers. John

The short answer is NO. I have a pair to prove it!
However if you are willing to try, and the notches in the back of the 145 stem are deep enough, it might work.

Bod

bugbear":2qf111ze said:
Myfordman":2qf111ze said:

Some of the collars have internal ribbing, so that the engagement with the bumps on the holdfast stem is more positive, which would complicate fabrication a little.

BugBear
I stand corrected BB. I'd only seen plain ones but then again I'm not well versed in method where the work piece stays still and not being a hand tool user.

Latest posts

Back