coffe table advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fman

Reaction score
ok this is only my second project so i need some advice on how to proceed. in the images there is my coffee table made from a beautiful slab of elm i have joined the legs with some mortise and tenon joints and the piece of wood sitting separately will be my brace between said legs . now i would like to do a tusked through mortice and tenon but because their is a natural split in the elm slab i have had to put two legs at that end . do you think one piece of wood spanning both legs with one tusked through mortice and tenon on each leg would look daft? any other suggestions? also how do you get a 90 degree crosscut on a piece of wood that has all waney edges. probably a daft question but any help would be much appreciated. oh i cant upload directly, can email photos i f anybody wishes[/img]

If you want to get a "90°" cut on a board with two waney-edges... I'd start by drawing a straight pencil line along one edge and then use that as a guide to draw another line at right-angles. How that makes sense! :)

You can secure a straight peice of plywood as a straight edge to the underside of the timber using double sided tape on a small bit, or panel pins on a big bit. You'll be able to use the edge of the ply as your cutting guide

Latest posts

Back