Clubman 100mm chuck bargains at Axminster Nuneaton.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Axminster Ten Turners Turning event at Nuneaton has some older Clubman stock chucks up for grabs at silly prices.
And the odd 125mm goliath.

I think the only ones left are 1-1/4" X 8 and 1" x 8 threads but they numbered in the tens of units mid afternoon on a table just inside the doors.

£40 and £50 and deals on some circa £67-79 for two. I picked up the last two 1-1/2" X 6 Goliaths for £50 ea.
Goliath2.jpg

Attachments

• Goliath2.jpg
    Goliath2.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 1,174
You had a Goliath with a graduatecthread for £50???
Lucky so and so
Do you know of any other branches offering them?

K

Most demonstrators seemed to be holding a reasonable audience Rob, especially those concentrating on some of the basic but what at first appear more complex procedures, Richard was in good form demoing ball turning when I stood and chatted, I think several were talking him into moving on to some spirals when I left.

Chatting in general with several folk browsing and looking rather bemused by the variety of finishes etc. there seemed to be quite a few 'newbies' looking for help and guidance on which way to go and which products to start off with.

In general having spent some time window shopping around the machine tools, both wood and metal working, I could have happily fitted out a another workshop with equipment that on the face of it looked more than good enough standard to meet my expectations.

Think it best I just call in when passing for the odd replacement consumable than risk too many hours with such concentrated browsing.

graduate_owner":1yeuat1q said:
You had a Goliath with a graduatecthread for £50???
Lucky so and so
Do you know of any other branches offering them?

K

Might be worth an enquiry to see if there are any others lurking around, I tried for one when they announced they were discontinuing the Goliath and had a few at about £70 but failed to get to a store to pick one up.

Don't know where they found these from, was some suggestion they may have been returns from franchises but I think they may just be 'remainder' parts that have come to life, funnily enough they have the new style rounded end carriers fitted, as I was intending to get a couple more sets of carriers that are about £33 a set it was rather a no brainer purchase.

CHJ":2d8xrl8k said:
Chatting in general with several folk browsing and looking rather bemused by the variety of finishes etc. there seemed to be quite a few 'newbies' looking for help and guidance on which way to go and which products to start off with.

we all have to start somewhere.

Back