Christmas Came Early

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexf

Established Member
Reaction score
On Saturday Afternoon I answered the door to find one of the local Tree Surgeons on the doorstep. He asked me if I could use some Yew. Of course I had to think about it (for about a nanosecond). He wanted to know how much of it I wanted so after looking in the bed of his Lorry I said I would take the lot.
It turned out he had to cut down this Yew Tree which was over 100 years old to allow filming for a television programme. Unfortunately because it was about 18 inches in diameter and he had to carry the logs quite a distance they are cut shorter than I would like. However beggers can't be choosers. Now all I have to do is find somewhere to store it.

Attachments

• Yew.jpg
    Yew.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,363
Looks fine where it is. :lol: Just seal the ends, stack it up and throw a bit plastic over it.

I think we all suffer from that problem though. I have a corner dedicated to larger pieces in my shed, but whenever I am offered more I tend to take it anyway and worry about storing it later.

alexf":3075rcpg said:
Now all I have to do is find somewhere to store it.
Send It Down To south Wales I Got space In My Wood Store.................... :D That's a mighty good find well done and a nicely turned piece
Regards
Bill

Back