Chippie's Tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bm101":3qwf8zk0 said:
Out of interest, what are the two bits in the small central wooden boxes? Are they part of the record or something else entirely?

Look like two 043 plough planes to me ?

Hot stuff":3o9p9o93 said:
I'm interested in the 405 and the wooden handled screwdrivers but I'd be happier if you said how much.

Soz, I keeping the screwies. 60 quid seem reasonable for the plane (obvs payable to the nearest decent cause)?

Fidget":ett1cbe8 said:
If there is a 5 1/2 in that lot of planes I would love to take it please.

There is. 18 quid to the nearest fish monger's retirement fund and it's on the way.

ScaredyCat":17jzhxgd said:
I don't want to be greedy, I have few tools as I'm just starting woodworking but I'd certainly appreciate a couple of marking gauges, a sliding bevel and one of the Stanley planes. To be honest I'd take chisels, saws, planes, spokeshaves etc .. but as I say, don't want to be greedy and really I have no idea on pricing, so could do with some help there too.

Oh, I think the going rate on that vice is around £50.

What vice? You're welcome to the one on the front of my bench, as it's bobbins.

How about a hand full of chisels, a really nice No 4, some marking gauges and you could have all the saws as all they're good for is sharpening practice for 35 quid?

Chip shop":692rucrm said:
Hot stuff":692rucrm said:
I'm interested in the 405 and the wooden handled screwdrivers but I'd be happier if you said how much.

Soz, I keeping the screwies. 60 quid seem reasonable for the plane (obvs payable to the nearest decent cause)?

That's perfect thanks, more than happy with that. I'll pm you my details and the British Heart Foundation will benefit to the tune of £60.
I can't commend you enough for what you're doing, a really good way of putting unwanted stuff to use and letting charities benefit as well.
Good man.

Chip shop":21dgvxrn said:
What vice? You're welcome to the one on the front of my bench, as it's bobbins.

I didn't realise that it was your bench :oops:

Chip shop":21dgvxrn said:
How about a hand full of chisels, a really nice No 4, some marking gauges and you could have all the saws as all they're good for is sharpening practice for 35 quid?

Ok sounds good to me. What's the next step?

Hi,

I'd be interested in the woodies - how much do you think would be reasonable for them? I'll also post a picture of them cleaned up and in use, might be a nice gesture for the family.

Cheers,

Carl

Hi,

Very thoughtful gesture as others have said - if not spoken for, I would love the "Gateshead Eng" marked sliding gauge, mainly as its just up the road and a couple of any remaining shaves, mainly to use for practing with.

Couldn't see for certain on the planes, but if there was anything between the 7 you were thinking of keeping and a 5 1/2, (i.e., a 6?!), I would be interested in that too, if not thought to be asking for too much...

Donation likely to a charity helping / supporting the disabled in employment...

Cheers,
Jamie

OK guys. I know I'm slow to respond, but the electric has been off all day. I've received everyone's PM apart from Sheffield Tony (send me your address and it's all yours).

One small problem is I tried to order some packaging material off Amazon but it seems there's a bit of weather about, and they're not promising delivery before Monday. It looks like I might be replicating Felder and offering delivery sometime in the distant future :D

Just kidding, I'll get the stuff out ASAP, even if I have to get creative with parcel tape and cardboard.

All the best, and keep safe,

Ed.

First off, a wonderful thing you're doing. Most would be banging it all on ebay for beer vouchers.

If the #5 and the metal/wooden spokeshaves are still going I'd love to make a donation.

Hi Ed, could I ask for those 3 plane irons in the chisel box if they are available please? I could do with some spares to put big cambers on.
Look at me just grabbing all the best gear with no regard.
Shameless :D

Cheers,
Chris

Jamster21":1td09taj said:
Hi,

Very thoughtful gesture as others have said - if not spoken for, I would love the "Gateshead Eng" marked sliding gauge, mainly as its just up the road and a couple of any remaining shaves, mainly to use for practing with.

Couldn't see for certain on the planes, but if there was anything between the 7 you were thinking of keeping and a 5 1/2, (i.e., a 6?!), I would be interested in that too, if not thought to be asking for too much...

Donation likely to a charity helping / supporting the disabled in employment...

Cheers,
Jamie

Hi

sliding bevel is yours. I think there's a 5 also.

Ed.

OK, I think I'm on top of this. I'm putting the parcels together now.

I need addresses for Jamester, BMB101 and DBT85. If I've missed anyone who hasn't PMed me please let me know.

Also; Vann if you want the four-cutter, I don't think I can ship it airmail :)

Right then,

I have a big pile of parcels to post out.

Thanks to everyone for your really generous donations.

I'm missing Garno's address and StraightOffTheArk we need to talk about the woodies as most of the irons are missing.

Will someone remind me to not do this again? :D

Cheers,

Ed.

Back