Check out these puppies...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine from Lyndhurst and they are very nice to deal with. They would have delivered it the next day if I had wanted!
It arrived as requested on the due date very well packaged on a pallet.
The lorry came with a trolley and it was delivered and deposited exactly to my requirements.
I have used it a fair bit and it works very well. Everything is rock solid and I have not had to make any more adjustments to it so far. My only gripe is that the on-switch is close to my knee and I switched it on accidentally once. No problem as the crown guard was on, but I now switch it off when not in use at the 16amp trip switch.
It's difficult what to say about it - the videos show all the interesting bits and I can confirm that what they show is what you get. It was also well reviewed in F&C.
People who have seen it are impressed and I think it's excellent value for the money - you get lots of cast iron! :) I have no regrets in buying it.

Rod

I notice that on the page showing their sliding table saw at £595 that they have also copied the Scheppach 2.00mtr rail and carriage with micro fine adjustment. Seems its not just SIP that are copying Scheppach sliding tables etc. Everybody is copying everybody these days.

The sliding table isn't copied, it is from the same factory in China that Scheppach get there's from - surely you must know that :!: For some reason though Scheppach charge £100s more for the same item :!:

Welcome Lyndhurst. To be fair we wouldn't have any idea where parts come from.

If it is the same part as the one on sheppach saws, then it's a very good item and is a breeze to pop on and off.

LYNDHURST":jda1ouyq said:
The sliding table isn't copied, it is from the same factory in China that Scheppach get there's from - surely you must know that :!: For some reason though Scheppach charge £100s more for the same item :!:

Because it is made by the same factory doesn't mean it isn't copied.

I don't know about this case, but it's an age old problem with outsourcing to China. Your 'partner' starts punting out (what was) your gear to your competitors!

Thanks for the welcome WIZER, I was really directing my reply to menatnma above as he is part of NMA Agencies which distribute Scheppach in the UK. I agree the sliding table is OK and good value for the money.
Allot of parts ie the sliding table are common on many machines, some dealers try to make out they are made by them. When another company sells them they often regard them as copied or cloned, in actual fact they are from the same factory and badged differently.

Your right Jake that can happen, however a product is often available to the market before a company notices it and decides to use it. It is not copied or cloned or manufactured by that company but used in conjunction with a product. The fact that anyone can purchase it from the manufacturer keeps the pricing down and stops exclusivity thus more are available to the market.

Scheppach have produced their sliding table and carriage in Germany for the last 20+ years, going back to their TS4000 sawe and before. The rail has been copied by whoever and is now made in China for whoever.

Back