Cheap Thicknessers?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamjam

Reaction score
Just wondering, are cheap thicknessers a thing of the past?

I've been really needing a Thicknesser lately, a portable 13" one and I see so many old posts about £200 ish thicknessers that no longer exist. They are perfect for my budget but I can't find any.
I'm talking about the Axeminster/Perform CC10T, the Charnwood W570 and so on. these are under £250 but are no longer sold.

Are there any equivelents? a 13" thicknesser for £250 tops. I've done as much research as I can and really can't find anything. There are tonnes in the US but none in the uk :(

Thanks
Jamie

I've been looking into this, and the JET which is £20 more. I want to trust triton but have heard mixed reviews, mainly the motor burning out within the first few uses

All the different brands nearly all come from the same Chinese factories.

Check out 12" thicknessers on Google images. It's quite a good game spotting all the same machines under different brand names and colours. :) I spotted 3 others which were the same as the Jet.

Same goes for all woodworking machinery

Check out your nearest Clas Ohlson, I saw a £210 thicknesser in there the other day, looks like the same as many of the other generic Chinese imports. They have a website too, might be worth a look.

HTH, Tom.

Latest posts

Back