Cheap table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stage1v8

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Had a quick browse through the forums here and there seems to be a decent amount of knowledge out there so thought I would pick your collective brains.

I do a little bit of diy woodworking and have been lucky enough to have been given various bits of equipment from my now retired father. A few years ago he gave me a 10" table saw that he used to rip bits of rough timber that was functional but a bit past it. I think it originally came

I am now looking to replace it with something I can use in my rather small cellar workshop and have been looking around and seen this:

https://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/product/FOX_ ... volt-only/

Does anyone have any experience of this saw? It seems a bit cheap and although I like the fact that it has space to attach a router I am not sure how good it would be.

I have also been looking at the various kitty 419 clones.

Any advice is welcome. I will eventually be building a wheeled cabinet with fold up extensions for it so not overly bothered about table size but would like something that will give something close to a straight and parallel cut.

Cheers

J

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You've been caught by the spam filter which removes links until you have posted a few times.

The link you have is https://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/product/FOX_ ... volt-only/

My first table saw was a Delta 36-525 which is no longer made and I am led to believe that it was taken over by Fox.

I would not recommend this. It was extremely noisy, the fence was inaccurate and tended to move with use despite my best efforts. The other thing was its relative light weight - using long timber it became unstable and would tilt. The wings tended to droop with any weight on them.

I would recommend going for a saw with an induction motor - it is so much quieter and would make working in a cellar more pleasant.

I don't know the Kity, but others will be along that do.

Misterfish

Let's have some pics of you old saw, upgrading might be the better option.

Roy.

It's made from pressed steel sheet and moulded plastic. I would steer clear, the best cheapest new saw is the axminster ts200, which is more expensive, but an excellent saw for the money. Otherwise I'd look for a kitty on bay.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the responses. I will take some photos at the weekend of the current saw.

I have given it a quick once over and the blade isn't parallel to the mitre slot and doesn't seem to be 90 degrees to the table when at its most upright adjustment. I might have a go at stripping it down and see what adjustment there is or if I can shim anything to make it a bit more accurate.

I think it originally came from Machine Mart. It has what looks like an cast alloy table, a 10" blade and no extensions.

The Kity does look nice but my current budget (which seems to have reduced dramatically over night) couldn't cover it just yet.

Cheers

Jon

I'm going to vote for the axi ts200 - I upgraded from one of those horrible screaming ali topped pressed steel boxes and the difference is stunning.

I was a bit frustrated with the set up and aligning the blade but once set it's great - and there's loads of threads on here about how to get the best out of it

Latest posts

Back