charnwood w711 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xc-mtbr

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a small bandsaw and like the charnwood w711 for about 109 notes, all previous threads mention them and nobody has said they are bad or had a bad experience, they are heavy, iron beds and good size for my shed.
Did look at the fox thats for sale but reading previous threads get a bit of a kicking.
So i'm asking has anybody bought the charnwood and can give me feedback on it just to put my mind a rest so i can order

If its like the small fox version,its ok for cutting circles in 18mm ply!
At least its a bit more realistic with the cutting depth (80mm) but i would look more at 50mm. :)

andycktm":30hsr9px said:
At least its a bit more realistic with the cutting depth (80mm) but i would look more at 50mm. :)

I dunno about that - the blade makes a big difference and most "supplied blades" are rubbish - I used to have a baby rexon and that cut circles in 3" blanks no problem once I'd made a maskery circle cutting jig and bought a decent 3tpi skip blade from dragon (as was - now tuff saws)

big soft moose":afx1j8om said:
andycktm":afx1j8om said:

I dunno about that - the blade makes a big difference and most "supplied blades" are rubbish - I used to have a baby rexon and that cut circles in 3" blanks no problem once I'd made a maskery circle cutting jig and bought a decent 3tpi skip blade from dragon (as was - now tuff saws)

Same here. I use a charnwood 720 it states 150mm cut. With the blade supplied no chance.
With a (think it was a 3 tpi without checking) blade from tuff saws it cuts 150mm easily.

Back