Charnwood W619 8" Cast Iron Table Saw...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
I have decided to make room for a table saw.
As I would prefer a nice quiet machine, I was interested in this Charnwood saw.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Charnwood-Slidi ... table+saws

Does anyone use this model? I don't expect much for the money, and if it's a serviceable saw, that can be bought up to accuracy, I'll get by with the smaller blade.
If it lasts me a few years I'll be happy.

Any input is welcome, and my thanks in anticipation. :ho2

I have the larger version but I think the fence and sliding table are the same. With some fettling yes it can be bought up to reasonable accuracy. Ive made a zci, replaced the woefully inadequate nuts and bolts that hold the slider on and couple of the Bristol levers that broke, but the cast table is nice and flat and the fence square. The dust extraction is shockingly bad, but this could be cheap table saws in general.

Thanks WM..

I noted the 10" version; for another 300 or so, smackeroonies!

This would have to live right in the centre of the shop entrance, to feed out into the open air, and onto roller-stands. For longer ripping it would be a fine weather job! But no probs!

I have been using a Festool MFT3, which is great. However reducing panels, although accurate, is slower than on a table saw and sliding carriage.
Thanks again. :)

Thanks Lurker.

That's an idea. But knowing me, I would be tempted to wade in and buy! It would go into the boot! Maybe... :lol:

Thanks again.

:ho2

Hi there

I'm new to this forum thing so please be gentle. (Well.. I've been watching you all for years.. ) I've been an avid hand tool woodworker for several years, but starting to make lots of household furniture, ply, Mdf sheets. So need more workshop equipment. Already got some good dust extraction from Axminster, looking at the Charnwood table saw, did you get it and is it any good?

Thanks

Back