• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Charnwood Lathe - Free to a good home

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywoon

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post but this isnt technically for sale as I dont want any money for it, I'm just trying to help someone out who would benefit from a basic lathe possibly to get started in wood turning. I have just upgraded my 20 year old Charnwood lathe and the old one will just take up much needed space in my workshop. Its a bit battered and bruised but it functions perfectly admirably and would be fine for someone looking to test out if they like turning or not.

Would anyone like it for free? Collection only from DE7 area of Derby 10 mins from Jct 25 or 26 of M1. There is no stand or tools just the lathe and associated attachements. Happy to answer any questions and apologies if this post has broken any rules - hopefully not. Failing that it's going to the tip which would be a shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, if still available I'd love to have it please? I'm near York and could arrange to call over to suit.

Hi if things fall through with Andy I've been wanting to start turning for years and this would be awesome. Please let me know.
Thanks
K

Hi Andy / K - Andy as you were first you are welcome to it, K, if it falls through with Andy for any reason you can have second offer by all means.

Hi Nathan,

It was nice to meet up with you today and thank you so much for allowing me to bring your lathe back to it's new home here in Yorkshire. :)

I've just received a very timely message on the forum, informing me of a local woodturning club that's just a few minutes drive up the Road, I'll be paying them a visit for sure. (y)

Many thanks
Andy

Back