Centepide sawhorse - looks pretty cool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrYorke

Established Member
Reaction score
Just found this through twitter. The guys at space-plug were retweeting some of their messages so I thought I'd share and see what you guys think

I have no affiliation with either of the companies mentioned but I have used space-plugs product

http://centipedetool.com

Seems you have to fully extend it to use which is a shame as what happens if you're in a small space and can't! Have asked the manufacturer about it

Looked a useful thing for setting up on the drive for dealing with sheet materials or the smaller one particularly as an impromptu bench.

This was posted on the festool owners group awhile back. Clever idea but it needs to go on dead flat solid ground otherwise whatever you lay on it will rock.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It's kinda like a foldup gazebo ish

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I have used staging like thing, it doesn't have to be fulling extended to work, as long as the top piece can lock the locks in some way. It'd also be quite easy to mod in some adjustible foot for the legs.

I wonder what happens when you try to put a full sheet of 19mm ply on there. They're pretty heavy and need to be leaned up against a table before lifting from the other side. The contraption would probably slide along the ground or tip over. However it's worth a look in my view as a dedicated space for cutting sheet goods is impossible for most people.

Back