Celtic patterned Ash bowl!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve, I wasn't too sure what I thought of the bowl when I first saw it, BUT on looking back at it that is a lovely piece of pyro and you have got it so exact! That isn't easy at all on ash with the differences in the ring density! The density overall of the pattern is great and the clarity of the line is so good. A real well done from me!

I like the lid too. It points the way to the rim.

What pryo pen do you use?

Thanks again Peeps for the comments.
John - I used my Davan variable temp unit but with a Peter Childs pen plugged in as they are a bit thicker than the supplied Davan pens and I find them a touch more comfy to hold :wink:
Decided I didn`t like the lid with it so maybe use it somewhere else!.

Steve

I have a Janic transformer, variable too and funnily enough I have just received my Peter Childs pen. I ditched the Janic pen because it was just too big and got too hot. I turned my own pen which was much better, but it still got a bit hot.

So far I have only used my new toy for a couple of dedications so I still have to find out how warm it gets. It seems very good though so far..

Hi Steve,

I think this is a super piece :lol:

I personally like the lid in its own right, but whether it works as a lid for this piece I'm not sure :?:

Malc :D

Thanks John and Malc enjoyed making it. I have the seed of an idea that might not be to everyones taste which I'll have a go at when time allows :wink:
Cheers
Steve

Fantastic Steve. I think you have made a wonderful job of doing such a hard pattern. I think the Celtic knot is such a magical looking design. Or maybe it's just the name CELTIC I see :D
The bowl is also turned well.
WIP pictures might give us mere mortals a chance to have a go.

Cheers Dermot :lol: .
I don`t think the pyro is particularly difficult once you`ve done some bits and pieces, What I like about doing pyro stuff is that it slows me down doing things as I seem to have to fight the need to see a quick end result and rushing this stuff will just ba$$s it up :)
Regards
Steve

Back