Cast Iron Teapot

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
l made this tea pot out of Pear to resemble cast iron, took it outside to spray and forgot about it until next morning, can you believe how much it had rusted overnight :D

Comments and critiques more than welcome. Mike

July_Turnings_15.jpg

Rusty_Teapot.jpg

Could have fooled me I've never seen Pear wood rust before! :shock: are you sure it's not Iron wood :D

Go on then you have to tell how you did it. :?

Mike,

I think that it looks exactly like a rusted cast iron teapot. Fascinating!! =D> =D> =D>

Are you sure you are not telling porkies and it really is a rusted cast iron tea pot? :twisted: :twisted:

Do tell us all how you got the finish (apart from leaving it out overnight)!

Mike.

Thanks for your comments Mike and Chrispy. The finish comes from a product called Sophisticated Finishes sold here in the States at craft stores. It also comes in other finishes such as bronze and copper, look forward to trying those at some stage. Mike

The finish IS amazing - but more to the point - how about that for an absolutely astonsihingly beautifully crafted teapot!!
Mike, I don't know whethter to be inspired, or just stick the whole bloody workshop on ebay!
Cheers,
Greg

Back