Carpet cleaner/shampooer?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Nibbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Swmbo wants a carpet washer/cleaner. Bex Bissel are currently advertising on the TV quite a lot. Has anyone here got one? Is there any make that you would recommend?

Hello again m'lud :D
We had to clean the carpets when we moved in here several months back. We hired a steam cleaner from morrisons (one that used detergent as well). It done the trick very well indeed amazing in fact. It depends if your good wife cleans carpets a lot, but if its only once in a while I'd consider hiring one. The domstic ones generally seem a bit like flimsy gimmicks.
cheers Mr Spanton 8)

mr spanton":71lwncba said:
Hello again m'lud :D
We had to clean the carpets when we moved in here several months back. We hired a steam cleaner from morrisons (one that used detergent as well). It done the trick very well indeed amazing in fact. It depends if your good wife cleans carpets a lot, but if its only once in a while I'd consider hiring one. The domstic ones generally seem a bit like flimsy gimmicks.
cheers Mr Spanton 8)

I seen them in our local Morrisons, but with two Newfies and the winter coming we would be better off buying one, but what?

I do some recruitment work for the Bissell people and know them all well.
The product is as good as they claim and is extremely well made and reliable.
Their customer care is also excellent.
beejay

I have one ad two young boys under 4 - I (we) use it lots and the Bissell does an amazing job and so far is very reliable.

Dave

mudman":35mzce0y said:
We have one and find it excellent.
Only problem with it is having to put it into the car so often to tote it around to the Mother-in-laws to clean her carpets as well. :?

To Mudman and Dave G, what models do you have? and how wet do they get the carpet?

Hi L Nibbo,

I have a Pro Heat upright cleaner. As far as how wet are the carpets fter cleaning - well if I do a heavy soil deep clean the carpets are touch dry almost immediately.

The Pro Heat was not cheap - I got it from Tesco online, but it is worth every penny.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi LN

You could look at that which web site for free for three months before you have to pay so you can look at they reviews :) .

I hope this helps :wink:

Dave_G":14e05fpf said:
Hi L Nibbo,

I have a Pro Heat upright cleaner. As far as how wet are the carpets fter cleaning - well if I do a heavy soil deep clean the carpets are touch dry almost immediately.

The Pro Heat was not cheap - I got it from Tesco online, but it is worth every penny.

Cheers,

Dave
Had a look at Tescos site £299 (ouch) did a google and found them from £199 on one site but with no cleaning fluids. Ended up getting one from www.barmey.co.uk for £209.99 with free delivery. So I'm now in swmbos good books :D so it's my turn now :lol: Axminster/Rutlands here I come :wink:

Another vote here for hiring one, IMHO you get access to the standard of machinery you just could never justify buying. Got mine from our local Co-op last year and it did a brilliant job.

Mark

Back