Car boot.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskywill

Established Member
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I called into a car boot sale just two minutes from where I work and spotted a 14 inch long wooden plane. The seller said "That's a pound mate". It looked to be in good condition but when I tried to remove the wedge to have a look at the iron, the handle snapped, the body of the plane fell onto something ceramic which smashed and I stood there with the handle in my hand. The seller just laughed, dropped the remains of the ceramic thing on the floor behind him and dropped the plane on top just to make sure.
I didn't buy the plane because a little weasel beside me said "I can repair that if you don't want it" and got himself a free, though broken plane. :x
But I did get a a Sorby chisel and a Tyzack Sons and Turner backsaw, with a very nice handle, for just £1. :D

nathandavies":2qhay5g8 said:
I'm going to the wrong car boots, it's all baby toys and y-fronts. where was that one will?

Cardiff. Splott to be precise, every Thursday and Saturday mornings. Rarely see any interesting tools but this particular seller seems to always have a vanload of stuff, most of which is junk and he treats it as such.

I haven't been to the Saturday sale. It might be better.

Back