Candlesticks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wanlock Dod

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of making a candlestick or two. I'm not sure how big the hole in the top for the candle should be (not being much of a candle user). I'm currently thinking along the lines of about 20 to 25 mm. Do you think that this would do the trick?

Cheers,

Dod

That size range should be fine. Just watch that the candle does not burn down and set the wood alight, you can buy metal inserts for candlestickholders which should help prevent this.

Jason

Thanks Folks,

I'll try to get some of the little metal inserts. Nearly ordered some from Craft Supplies just now, but they seem to have the most user unfriendly website I've ever come across. :(

Cheers,

Dod

Agree with the comments on the Craft Supplies site, horrible to use. Told them so when I asked them to send me an old fashioned catalogue instead as it was nigh on impossible to "browse" through their website !

Cheers, Paul. :D

The trouble with those candle inserts is that they're too big. I've yet to find a candle that'll actually be held securely in one without resorting to blu tack of wrapping tissue round the base - which sort of defeats the object of the holder to my mind. Having said which I have had someone-who-shall-remain-nameless (my brother :evil: ) set fire to a candlestick without a metal cup - but hey, it merely charred and the house remained standing so no big deal... 8-[ :wink:

Cheers, Alf

I've found the best way to secure a candle in any size container is to melt a little wax into the bottom and set the candle on it...

Don't forget to include the same or similar warnings found on the candlestick wrapper if you intend selling them :!:

Back