Can I record Woodworking Channel?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it me or has the woodworking channel died? It doesnt appear to want to play any of the programmes at the moment.

I think it might be you, Mike. But look on the bright side; at least you get to miss the safety homily too...

Cheers, Alf

Ah yes Alf appears it was me. All seems to be up and running again now. In answer to the op it appears that you can record the stream though strikes me that it would be a bit of a pain in the proverbial to do regularly. Its not really a simple thing to do, without having read the t & c s of the site I would imagine the video on demand / downloadable might be a premium level subscription thing that they add in later which is why "recording" the streams is not something the channel creators are wanting people to do. Just a guess - however as usual nothing's impossible.

Heh it seems I have the worst of all situations - all I can see now is the safety chat twice, then a black box. Please say it's not just me.....

Dennis

I did some checking (messing about) and discovered that if I use Internet Explorer 6 the woodworking channel works fine, and includes more controls than I'd seen before. I normally use Firefox 1.5 as my browser and although the channel was working fine up until a few days ago, I only get the 'working safely' message twice then the 'tv screen' area goes black with no audio. My Firefox screen doesn't have the volume control of fullscreen options either. I havn't done any updates lately that might have caused it.

Anyone any idea what is going wrong and how to fix it?

Dennis

ITs definitley designed to run in IE, though it does work in Firefox with fewer controls available. Having said that I think the disappearance of the broadcast and assorted other troubles - endless saftey info loops etc are happening at their end rather than te user end. A temporary blip I hope. HAd thought that recording the stream had caused my ip to get banned at one time though if others are struggling as well , that must not be the case.

If your having trouble with the woodworking channel try opening it in 'real player' it then operates as a web page no problems

FWIW I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1 and currently The Great Australian-Yankee Woodshop is playing without a hitch - but there, you can't have everything...

Cheers, Alf

Back