Can anyone tell me what this is?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katellwood

Established Member
Reaction score
I pretty sure its linked to gas supply and I would like to get rid of it

I'm not aware of any other property with gas that has one, is it necessary

TIA

I think the left hand one is the toe of a training shoe, the right one looks the same but in a mirrored configuration. If it smells of gas you may have a problem.

Sorry mate, shouldn't extract the michael, us "old Dartfordians"* should stick together.

Seriously, I've no idea except to say the "saucer-shaped" thingy looks like some sort of pressure reducer, so it's gas????? (And that's a DEFINITE maybe) :lol:

* (my birthplace).

AES

AES":gbepywon said:
Seriously, I've no idea except to say the "saucer-shaped" thingy looks like some sort of pressure reducer, so it's gas????? (And that's a DEFINITE maybe) :lol:

AES

I think he may be right.

I'd try turning all the taps off. If helicopters and armed police turn up you can open your own tourist attraction.

4TlyclJ.jpg

Its a gas govenor - your gas supply may be off an elevated pressure gas main. Its for reducing your gas pressure - pipe off the side of it will be the vent pipe and prob a flashback arrestor. It will be made by Bryan Donkin or Jevons I would think.

Not that easy to move

Jimmy

Now what you've got there mate, is a steel plate, an 'ole, and some pipes. Amazing what you get in a lawn, not sure what weedkiller will make that go away...

Hmmmmm definitely a Man Hole of some sort...... hmmmm George Michaels ya man for such things maybe yon Barrymore at a push, do you live near a cottage? 9-)

Build a natty imitation well over it! Or a windmill, or a dovecote, Or you could move house I suppose. :lol:

Every time I want an extension built, Severn-Trent want a new pig-in-manhole put in my lawn! All because they couldn't be bothered to re route the sewer pipe, when the built my drum! :mrgreen:

Best of luck. (hammer)

Can you not specify a double-sealed airtight MH cover in the extension, or is it access they are bleating about?

NazNomad":1v1o6bpz said:
Can you not specify a double-sealed airtight MH cover in the extension....?

Yellow = gas

Looks exactly like what an earlier poster said, some kind of pressure reducer/regulator for someone's supply off a main run.

If the gas leaks, it'll pop off the cover (in an interesting way perhaps).

I think it would be difficult/expensive to get that lot moved, but I wouldn't really want one of those inside my house.

I think you need proper advice on what's allowed/possible from a gas-safe registered person and/or your local gas supplier.

Cheers, W2S

Back