Can anyone confirm my T-track dimensions are standard?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n-hatton

Reaction score
Hi All.

Thanx for replies concerning t-track suppliers.

Now I have details of them, I'm not convinced my Trend mitre fence conforms to 3/4" standard. To me there appears to be a number of differing standards?

Have pasted a pic and dimensions of the foot of my mitre that's supposed to engage in a t-track. Anyone know what standard it conforms to, or compare with theirs?

Cheers,
Neil

Trend-T-track.jpg

Neil my Incra mitre guage is 3/4" (19mm) by 3/8" (9.5mm) and it fits the brimarc track. All the Trend fittings are metric. I had to change the bolts in the feather boards to fit my US track.
Hope this helps
Barry

Hi Barry.

Thanx for your reply. At least I'm more aware of 3/4" + 3/8" being the standard.

However, still leaves me in some doubt whether the Trend mitre will fit it - at the wider opening the Trend will be 2mm undersize and slap about! However, the narrower opening is sooooo close, it might be tight enough to hold the mitre neatly, then again might be just too tight to engage in it!

Trend weren't much help, didn't even know about any standards!

Will have to see if I can pop in to Wood Workers Workshop and try my fence against any t-track they may have in stock awaiting customer pickup.

Cheers,
Neil

First of all please mayI correct the terminology being used. 3/4" x 3/8" is the standard US miter or mitre track dimensions.

"T" Track is different in that it is designed to take a standard 1/4 Bolt head in the USA, from memory the head on a 6 mm threaded bolt will also work, it is late at night and cold so I am not going out to measure one.

As a general rule of thumb saw tables and router tables originating from the USA, Taiwan and China all use the standard US miter or mitre track 3/4" x 3/8", our European colleagues can not or will not standardise and it is a complete mess.

The number of times I get asked if INCRA fences will fit a European product in a month is quite high. However the INCRA mitre fence bar cannot be easily modified, I know as I have investigated it thoroughly. Like wise the Osborne mitre fence the same applies, you would think that you could take a bar and mill it but when you talk to engineering shops they all say the same it will deform so some one some where is going to have to make three or four models just for the major European brands.

Neil if you want to check out the INCRA track give me a call and arrnge a visit to Sonning Common, bring your Trend and let us see if it can be engineered!

Back