Camvac or Record power Wall mounted extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottlefley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am after some opinions from owners of either the camvac 2000w wall mounted extractor or the record power dx5000 wall mounted.

Simple question, which did you buy and why...which would you buy now, or is there a better option i have missed? Reason for looking at these is i want a decent extractor system for my small workshop and wanted to not take up anymore floor space....and they seemed the best 'budget' bunch...i will be running P/T, tablesaw, bandsaw and belt/disc and bobbin sanders off of it hopefully and maybe a length of hose to connect to router/domino etc.

thanks in advance
Scott

I have the DX5000. It works well but I will be changing it soon as I just cant bear the noise from the motors anymore,

I will look for somthing with induction motor(s)

Thanks for the reply, do you have any idea is there any HPLV extractors which use induction motors....? just how loud are these DX machines, might need to go someplace and listen to one...

I have two DX4000's which is the floor mounted version of the DX5000. The 2 motors on each are bloody noisy. So much so that I have one in a sound reducing box ( works well) and the other is due to be moved to an outside mini insulated shed leaning against the workshop this Thursday.

The Dx4000/5000 works well and for me crucially pulls the most air through my DC set up compared to other older systems so I am satisfied with performance. As well my w/shop is long and narrow hence two systems.

Back