Camera reset

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Anyone know anything about digital cameras? I've had a Fuji S602 (I think) for about4 years and am delighted with it. Today I switched it on and it said the date and time hadn't been set. So I set it. Odd, thinks I.

I later find that all my pics are set at 1 megapixel, and the focussing is set to centre not area. I discovered this when I found I couldn't focus on anything anywhere else.

It looks like it's done a factory reset. Can anyone tell me why? It seems to be working fine in every other respect (well, as far as I can tell - I use only about 5% of its functionality, I'm sure).

Any insight gratefully received.

Cheers
Steve

dead battery Steve? Has it been sitting unused for a while?

This happens on my Konika camera every so often.

i agree dead battery although they might have enough charge to power up the camera it apears there isnt enough to hold the settings in memory i use rechargable batteries for my fuji s304 so constantly periodically have to reset date time quality etc

cheers shaun

Thank you all, and Chris, that is an excellent rec, TVM.

If there is an on-board battery, it isn't accessible to the user, and there is no mention of one in the manual, so I don't know whether there is a hard-wired CMOS battery inside, or whether the setting get saved to a flash-drve type of media which doesn't need batteries. Either way, doesn't seem I can do much about it.

The user batteries are not the problem, I don't think. I'd been using it earlier and they are fully charged. But I have learned, from the Forum Chris recommended, that this is not an unique experience. Indeed, it seems I've been very lucky to have got away with it for 4+ years. It happens occasionally, it seems.

It's a real pain, as all the settings are lost, so I've taken a load of shots at 1M without realizing it.

Anyway, just as long as it doesn't happen too often, and now I know what happens, I'll try not to get too upset.

Technology, eh? Who needs it?

CHeers all,
Steve

Back