Camera Problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had a Fuji S5000 for a couple of years and have recently had some problems with transferring pics onto the computer. Initially, I had to jiggle the lead a couple of times at the camera end before the automatic screen came up on the desktop. I tried to load up some pics the other day and went through the usual procedure, with no result; no matter how I fiddled with the lead it wouldn't load up, nothing on the screen.
So, I checked the USB settings on the computer - all good and then I uninstalled the Fuji driver and then reinstalled it using the disc supplied with the camera. Still no go - can't get any pics to load up.
I am doing something wrong (probably :lol: ) or is the camera on its way to the great camera scrapyard? :cry: Any thoughts or help much appreciated - Rob

sounds like the lead need replacing ................ if you need to jiggle it before it must have had a bad connection now I guess it's a very bad connection

Rob
I have had a few Fuji's-not had any USB issues, sorry. But if you still have no luck you can buy a "card reader" to download your pics-just plug it into the usb socket and slip the memory card into it. Voila! Cost about £10-15 from most electronics places.
Hope this helps
Philly :D

Guys - thanks for that. I was thinking to myself that it might be the lead so I think I'll take the whole lot into somewhere like PC World and get them to check it out, see if I can get a new lead maybe - Rob

Rob

It could just as easily be the socket in the camera rather than the lead.

How much will PC World charge you to check it out? More than the cost of another lead?

Roger - not sure, have to take it in and see what they say. If it is the socket then it may be 'bye bye camera' 'cos it might cost a wedge to replace just the socket and I'm not sure that the camera is worth it - I'll have to see what the shop advise and get some quotes - Rob

I would have to agree with Philly, and go with a card reader...
inexpensive , and I find them a lot faster at transfering information.
cable ,third party s/w and all the rest of it.

just plug in the card and drop the contents to a directory and sort at your liesure :D

Forget the cable and/or socket checking. Expensive! Get a card reader as suggested. It's cheaper, faster, transferable and more reliable. Small fragile USB connections such as a camera are notorious for 'iffy' transfers.

Chaps - thanks for the info, looks like its going to be a card reader as Philly suggested - will have a look in PC World on the 'morrow as I'm round that way - Rob

Bought the card reader from PC world this am £10.00, not opened.
However.....the camera has a start up fault in that when you press the button to take a shot the result in the viewfinder is what only can be described as looking at an oil spill on a sheet of water, all smeary with the image not recognisable. When I take about 15-20 shots the camera seems to stabilize and I'm back to taking normal pics, which is a little bit bizarre. What do you fellas think is going on with this camera - is it on the way out? - Rob

Back