Calling Jet 1642 Owners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Findley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am demonstrating in Ireland in a month or so and need to make up a jig for one of the demos. I will be working on a Jet 1642 so need some measuremnts please if anyone owns one and has a spare minute.

I need:

Exact distance centre to bed
Size of gap between bed bars
Thickness of bed bar steel

And if possible
On underside of bedbar, distance from edge to any obsticle (I know there are parst of the casting supporting the bed bars)

If I could have input from several owners I can at least average out the answers. The jig doesn't need to be a feet of aero-engineering!! :lol: :lol:

Cheers in advance

Richard

Hi Richard,
I'm away from home at the moment but will happily measure my lathe and let you know when I get home next weekend - if it's not too late for you.

Jon

Hi Richard I will post some measurements up in the next day or so.

Hi Richard

Centre to bed: 202mm
Bed bar gap : 45mm
Bed bar thickness : 16mm
Distance from bed bar edge to supporting casting: 10mm

If you want to trial fit when you have made the jig, I am only just down the road. I will PM you contact details.

Regards

Rod

Richard Findley":1g6b5wvw said:
Hi all

I am demonstrating in Ireland in a month or so and need to make up a jig for one of the demos. I will be working on a Jet 1642 so need some measuremnts please if anyone owns one and has a spare minute.

I need:

Exact distance centre to bed
Size of gap between bed bars
Thickness of bed bar steel

And if possible
On underside of bedbar, distance from edge to any obsticle (I know there are parst of the casting supporting the bed bars)

Hi Richard, just had a measure sizes are
exact distance centre to bed = 205mm
gap between bed bars =45mm
thickness of bed bar steel =16mm
top of bed bars to supports =50mm
from inside edge of bed bars to where supports meet underside of bed bars =10mm

hope this is clear.
johnluc.

Hi Richard, where are you demonstrating in Ireland? If you are near Dublin I'd be interested to go along and learn a little about woodturning.

Latest posts

Back