Cabinet Hinges for Cabinets With Face-Frames?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrDavidRoberts

Established Member
Reaction score
heya, just finished making all the carcasses for my kitchen cabinets , now left with making the drawers and doors, However I'm a bit confused about the hinges. At start I thought I will need to use regular non-cabinet hinges as I'm building them WITH faceframes unlike the mass-produced ones where they don't have face-frames

I had the idea in my mind that the face-frames would get in a way of the regular cabinet hinges ,until I saw one YT video where the guy is installing soft-close regular looking cabinet hinges to cabinets with face-frames.
watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1QiIyT ... u.be&t=296

Can anyone tell me what kind of hinges is he using there and where I can source them? Or will the regular softclose hinges will work as well? This is my first time making cabinets myself, so far going great and it turned out to be way easier than I thought at start.

It’s a bit hard to tell from the vid wether he’s run the face-frame flush with the inside of the carcass or not, but he’ll be using inset hinges, something like these possibly with thicker mounting plates, like these.

HTH P

Back