Buying Wood - Kent

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhrwilliams

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi , I live in Sidcup in Kent, but my workshop is in Paddock Wood, Kent

Can anyone recommend anywhere to get good quality softwoods - rough sawn, such as a Sawmill in the Kent region (Or further - i'm happy to drive abit)

I'm fed up of the quality of the PAR timber I usually get from my local place, so have bitten the bullet and bought a Wadkin Planer ....all I need now I some nice wood....but cant seem to google find a good supplier or place to buy rough sawn good quality.

Thanks

Richard

I've dropped you a pm - but this forum has some weird rules about pm's and so I have no idea if you are allowed to receive them, or send them come to that. Why a pm? Because I've sent you a mobile phone number of a contact, and he might not want his details plastered on a public forum.

Thanks for that.... I got the PM but cant reply to it for some reason ?

So its not sort of place you can "browse around" ?

You need 3 posts to reply to pm's. It is no more weird than that.

Ok, so you can receive but not send! Not sure why you need to make 3 posts before you can send.
He does have a yard, but it's not set up for customers (no shop counter or staff to man it, probably no insurance cover for the general public etc) If you give the guy a call he'll either give you sizes and prices over the phone or get back to you - I've always found him very efficient. Most of my work is mr mdf or softwood, and all the softwood I get is unsorted red in 225 x 50 or 225 x 75, so I know what sort of price it's going to be. I rarely have any problem with quality - if I do I get the odd duff piece it gets used for the less important stuff where a few knots don't matter (back rails on cabinets etc).

there is a sawmill local to me in maidstone area
i get on really well with them
they will not finish your timber but will rough cut to your requirements
fantastic friendly service
cant praise them enough

Steve

I got a load of timber as reccomended from John Brown timber

I cannot recconend him enough . It was cheap. , delivered really quickly and most importantly really good quality

Glad you got sorted - he's much cheaper than any of the local timber yards near me.

Back