Buying Table Brackets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sulli1

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am new to this site so hope I am posting to the right forum here :roll:

Please could somebody help me :?: This is my first woodworking project and I am trying to make a coffee table at the moment. I have the table top and am currently making a base but I am looking to buy corner braces to secure the base of the table and also join it to the top. I have trawled the internet for somewhere that would sell the type of metal braces that I am after but can't find anywhere at all that sells them so I was just hoping really that somebody on this forum could maybe point me in the right direction as to where I may be able to buy these.

Thanks in anticipation :)

Hello Sulli welcome.

I'm confused you say you want "to secure the base of the table and join it to the top".
Did you mean secure the table top to the rails and the legs ?

Dom

Hi Gary M & Dom,

Thank you for your replies. Dom, yes, securing the table top to the rails and legs is what I'm after doing. Sorry, I didn't really phrase my question very well there :oops: Gary M, thanks for sending me the screwfix link, the bracket I am after to secure the corners of the legs looks like the one you have sent me but it has three sides and the two sides are angled slightly outwards. It's hard to explain what I mean but if I look under the coffee table that I bought from the shops a few years ago that is how the rail edges are secured to each leg.

Thank you both again :)

ok technically you are looking for possibly two things since in principle you need to allow for the top movement, but hold the legs tight.

you could get metal brackets which held the legs together. generally they have a kind of screw through the middle and you put slots in the legs.
i would think either screwfix, or maybe isaac lord.

as for fixing the top, you are basically talking about buttons which can be either wood or metal. the metal ones are just bent bits with slots to allow for movement. you can also make them from wood.

hope that helps
paul :wink:

Hi Gary,

That's the thing, that is exactly what I am looking for :D Now that I know what they are called do you think there's a chance they may be sold somewhere in the U.K?

Thank you for finding these for me, I'm feeling really chuffed now after a day of trawling the internet for them using as many different product descriptions as I could think of !! :?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your help. What Gary has found is what you were explaining and what I was looking for.

What a helpful forum. I'm so pleased I have found this site today :D

Thanks Gary, that is exactly the same as my old coffee table fixings. I'm off to buy them now :D

Fabulous - :eek:ccasion5:

Sulli1
firstly welcome to the forum

I just make these by cutting off cuts from the rails with 2x45 deg cuts at either end, buy those screwed fittings with a wood screw on one side and a machine screw on the other,(no idea what they are called???) then just screw this in pace with the woodscrew end going into the table leg and the machine screw end going through a hole and fastened by a thick washer and a nut.

Hmm hope that reads well

Much cheaper than buying then

Hi All,

I just wanted to say thank you for the helpful feedback and warm welcomes to the forum from each of you.

Once this table is finally made I intend doing many more wood working projects so will probably be back for help and advice on numerous occasions :lol:

Andy - your idea sounds like an ideal solution so I will try this out on my next project. Thanks for that.

All the very best,

Jenny

Welcome to the forum Jenny - I hope you realise you've now sold your soul to the devil :twisted: I promise you won't get much work done for being on this bloomin' forum :wink:

Mark

Back