Butler table hinges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve D P

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time here. Can only describe myself as a 'hobbyist' so forgive my very simple question:

I am building a "butler cart/trolley'' but I am having problems with the hinges which are supposed to close at 90° but actually close (all 4 ) at about 85°; is there a trick, or have I missed one?

Steve
(incomplete newbie)

Oryxdesign":1q0c2cnx said:
Hi and welcome.
Got any pictures?

Ah, Oryxdesign, I am not sure whether I can simply cut a paste a photo. The FAQs seems to suggest that I must upload them to a public server (it'll take me some time to sort that one out)!!!

I just spotted the sort of hinges you need for a butler tray in the Rutlands catalogue - described as having a sprung stop at 90 degrees. Next to them were some superficially similar hinges for drop-leaf tables - which would swing a bit beyond 90. I wonder if someone has sold you the wrong sort?

Rutlands pages here http://rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdSrch.cgi/@cTable Hinges@b::0::user::1,0,0,1:: - compare the first/second items with fifth/sixth.

Hth

Andy

AndyT":2rqeg1ar said:
I just spotted the sort of hinges you need for a butler tray in the Rutlands catalogue - described as having a sprung stop at 90 degrees. Next to them were some superficially similar hinges for drop-leaf tables - which would swing a bit beyond 90. I wonder if someone has sold you the wrong sort?

Rutlands pages here http://rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdSrch.cgi/@cTable Hinges@b::0::user::1,0,0,1:: - compare the first/second items with fifth/sixth.

Hth

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the answer: sadly I bought these hinges from Rutlands! All four are the same and I 'phoned Rutlands and they checked their stock and at that time at least all their stock hinges were the same (closing to 85° not 90°).

Steve

Latest posts

Back