busy weekend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete honeyman

Established Member
Reaction score
This weekends efforts - a couple of elm platters, about 12" square - can you see the faces looking out - spooky!

3092711173_fd5d0fa6c8.jpg

3092711803_32d0710dbf.jpg

3093554606_e48e2f9b86.jpg

Pete II

If the colour is accurate that 2nd one would look great as a wall plaque. Looks l;ike it's on fire. Both look good but that one really appeals to me. Lovely wood.

Pete

Pete H, that is sure one unique piece of wood ,is it the same underneath. Kinda spookey but lovely pieces ,REgards Boysie.

Lovely pieces - as said already,the figuring in the second one is quite amazing :shock:

Andrew

Jenx":1pdlyw14 said:
Second photo Down,
anyone else see 'echos of Edvard Munch' ?
in495-munch-bst-scream-1893.jpg

They are just fabulous, Pete...
Love the square ones...
Very very nice 8) 8)

Personally I prefer the platter....never did like the picture.

Pete

Lovely pieces Pete,
it is interesting how different people look at things in different ways.
I saw a puppy dog, or maybe an infant in the womb.
Either way, wonderful wood.
John. B

Reeally good work. I can tell how good it is because my wife doesn't normally like square turned objects, but really doesn like these.

Let's hazard a guess as to their saleable worth.... I'd say at least £75 each in a decent gallery - may be the same or £60 or so on a web site.

Another case of the interpretation of a simple form achieving the maximum potential from a gift of nature well done Pete.

Such a crying shame we have lost the bulk of this wealth of natural beauty to a pernicious little fungus, lets hope we can do more to block the current pest having a go at our native fauna.

Latest posts

Back