Business card holder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexf

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for the brass post type card holders. Does anyone know of a UK supplier for these.

Attachments

• bcard holder.PNG
    bcard holder.PNG
    183 KB · Views: 1,387
Made by Penn state industries, looks like they sell straight from the USA, no importer mentioned.
They are kits suppliers, pens, card holders etc, they are sold in components,
You've probably got this anyway, Read the bottom of the page, order what you want, catalogue's, etc
HTH Regards Rodders

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/DABCH1.html

Having searched for a bit, I'm wondering if there is still anyone in the UK that sits behind a desk which they deem important enough to furnish with their own business card holder?

Seems to be more of a 'Merican' thing. As marcros says, DIY might be the way to go.

NazNomad":38t43otj said:
Having searched for a bit, I'm wondering if there is still anyone in the UK that sits behind a desk which they deem important enough to furnish with their own business card holder?

Seems to be more of a 'Merican' thing. As marcros says, DIY might be the way to go.

I think this is the sort of thing that second-hand car salesmen have on their desks to give to potential customers!

MCB

How about using copper pipe with wood insert for the pillars...

...you could turn those really nicely!

:D

Why not try making them from your acrylic pen blank offcuts?

They would not need to be hexagonal and you could turn them similar to bottle stoppers. For the slots, just drill out the centres then cut down the sides or router them.

Just been checking the suppliers who I know used to stock them but none of them now show them on their website.

it might be worth giving Turners Retreat a ring to see if they have any left in stock.

john

Google -" Images for desk business card holder". There is one very similar except it also has a hen holder www.asia.ru I think!
Tudor

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will probably just turn them in wood, that is if I decide to go with this idea at all. My intention was to make a desk set as a bribe for the parks department manager so that he will phone me when he is getting a dead Monkey Puzzle Tree cut down. I have had my eye on it since it died last year.

alexf":3apezbdt said:
...as a bribe for the parks department manager so that he will phone me when he is getting a dead Monkey Puzzle Tree cut down. I have had my eye on it since it died last year.

I know that Monkey Puzzle timber is rare, but is it (otherwise) desirable?

BugBear

I know that Monkey Puzzle timber is rare, but is it (otherwise) desirable?

It is lovely when turned end grain showing the knots evenly spaced round the vase or hollow form.

Attachments

• Monkey Puzzle.jpg
    Monkey Puzzle.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 325
alexf":1ph1iqgl said:
Thank you all for your suggestions. I will probably just turn them in wood, that is if I decide to go with this idea at all. My intention was to make a desk set as a bribe for the parks department manager so that he will phone me when he is getting a dead Monkey Puzzle Tree cut down. I have had my eye on it since it died last year.

Do you know if the Parks Manager sits at a desk a lot?

Why NOT make something that he'll see every day - desk blotter or pen for example.

If you can engrave it with your name and telephone number, then it'll be easy for him to ring you.

A member of my club has a Laser Engraving Machine - very nice lettering (but very expensive to buy!)

MCB

Back