Building a nice quiet air filter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudman

Established Member
Reaction score
Trying to stay in one piece in South Wales
I tend to not turn on my Microclene 400 very often as I can't stand the noise, so I've been wondering about building a replacement.

What are peoples thoughts on using a fan such as this
mountred in a frame drawing air through a couple of microclene filters such as this for the MC1200?

Using wood from the scrap bin, it should only work out at about £40.

What do people think, is this a goer?

Edit: sorry about the link there, it works but I don't know what's going on with it. :?

Does that type of fan have any 'pull' if it meets resistance from the filter esp when it gets clogged ? I would have thought a centrifugal blower type as used in kitchen extractors would be the way to go and you can often find them second hand at the tip (sorry, recycling center). Usually they are two or three speeds to boot. Regards Andy.

I'm afraif I can't give any advice, but I will be watching the 'expert' replies with interest, since it's something I'd like to build for my workshop...

The products you've found look like they'd work OK, but I'm sure I've seen some better air filters about - more solid and square looking (not sure who supplies them though?).

Cheers

Gary

Back