Budget thicknesser - Titan TTB579PLN

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent. Regarding the weight, I don't use mine for site any more so have mounted a couple of full extension slides under one of my benches that sits against a wall. Instead of a drawer I simply mounted a sturdy shelf and sat the thicknesser on top of it. When I need it, I just pull it out, no lifting involved.
Are there no feed tables with it? My DeWalt has a fold down feed table on both sides, (only a foot long). I have no problem with snipe marks. Maybe you could come up with something for it?
I only have a small extraction set up with 2" hose. When I tried to do what you have dsecribed and reduce the outlet it just clogged. It only takes a couple of minutes with a brush after a job to clean up.

I think the weakest link on this will be the motor, treat it like a baby, don't overload it or run it for long periods.

Since on this model the thickness depth is adjusted by raising a lower platform, any infeed/outfeed table would need to be of variable height as well, which won't work.

Any infeed/outfeed support would have to be attached to the adjustable platform, which could be done but would need a little thinking through. There is an outfeed support 'bar' but I'm skeptical about how useful it is.

Not had any issues with clogging and I've reduced the outlet from 100mm to 50mm. I'll keep an eye on this though.

Just to follow on from this, I emptied my extractor yesterday and it was absolutely full! I'm guessing 75% from the thicknesser. Absolutely no problems with clogging even with that much volume going through a 50mm reducer. That was taking very shallow cuts however, 1mm or so.

I dread to see the output from the rest of the thicknessing, I'll fill a small skip with it I expect!

Back