Mounting Titan (Scheppach/Zipper) Planer Thicknesser Upside Down

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh yes I see, and you find the single clamp to be sufficient? I am wondering if I would be able to use the same system but with the clamps on the inside of the unit (obviously I would need to make a cut out in the top to allow passage past the clamp when being flipped).

R.e the drawer, I am thinking that I could use a false front like you have and then use the space to store a length of 50mm ducting and associated bits which I use when using the machine - they wouldn't care about being turned upside down or jiggle about too much.
Yes perfectly fine as it is just a way to secure it as the weight is on the cut out. To be honest the latches are so low profile i wouldn't bother going to the hassle of trying to put them on the inside. In the drawer ( fake) you can stick whatever works for you , my config is as the plans with internal power but if you aren't worried, you can use the space for whatever you fancy .

Yes perfectly fine as it is just a way to secure it as the weight is on the cut out. To be honest the latches are so low profile i wouldn't bother going to the hassle of trying to put them on the inside. In the drawer ( fake) you can stick whatever works for you , my config is as the plans with internal power but if you aren't worried, you can use the space for whatever you fancy .
I like the internal power but I am really limited by the overall width of the unit, so in the same way I will need to mount the bearings on the inside, I wouldn't be able to have a power cord coming out of side. If I can come up with a way of routing it out the front or back though then I will do so!

Sam

@sams93
This is one of the YT videos I'm adapting in the construction of the flip-tops I'm going to be making as I'll have flip-tops either side of the work surface and need the slide out/in to lock in place:

The other thing I had considered was putting an MFT style top on the other side of the flip table. Dimensions of the top are likely to be around 82cm x 55cm, I have never used an MFT type top or bench dogs, but people seem to use them for all sorts and they look like they come in quite handy.

Im just not sure if its too small a top to be useful.

Do you have a photo or a link to an example of the 'captive locking pins' that you mention? thanks
This is one example of hundreds of different types, you don’t need the bit on the right
0C7BD027-6187-401C-AA8D-35C00D2EC1BD.jpeg

The other thing I had considered was putting an MFT style top on the other side of the flip table. Dimensions of the top are likely to be around 82cm x 55cm, I have never used an MFT type top or bench dogs, but people seem to use them for all sorts and they look like they come in quite handy.

Im just not sure if its too small a top to be useful.
As you can see above I have got one and though it doesn’t get used very often I would do it again. You can see that I use the hole pattern quite a bit MFT Style 20mm Hole 96mm Grid I’m still finding places to use it so should really add a few more pictures.

Back