Budget lathes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't comment on that specific lathe but also keep an eye out for the old blue record 2 bar lathes. I have the CL3 variant and it's been a great starter lathe, after 18 months I've only now started to find some of it's limitations but they're not bad enough to warrant upgrading at the moment. Don't forget to factor in chucks and tools, so keep a watch out for a package.

I have an old Nutool, I use it for spindle turning, you have to have it on a solid bench
as it vibrates a lot when you try to turn long legs on it.
The price asking for that one is way to high should be around 40 quid.
Good work horse but your better off getting a better one from the start because you will soon
get the hang of turning and want to progress to box, plates, vase or even bird boxes.
Good luck finding one.

Whatever you do do not get this lathe.
Making A Mallet On My New Ryobi Lathe - YouTube
Not having a go at Ryobi in particular as it comes under dozens of brand names and Aldi also sold it. Reason to avoid it is it does not have morse taper fittings on head and tailstocks so you will not be able to fit drill chucks, live centers or other drive centers. Almost everything sold for woodlathes will not fit. Every few weeks on forums all over the world some poor bloke is looking for something to fit one of those.
Regards
John

I have been very fortunate to be around just at the right time as Skeetster has a amazing offer of a myford ml8 on here.

So I'm now the owner of the ml8, which is the same as the men's shed one so I can learn off the master lathe chap at men's shed.

Cheers James

Having a lathe at the men's shed I been thinking long term about a lathe for myself? Anyone know if these lathes are any good??

Just thinking aloud with Christmas round the corner.......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/woodturn...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
Cheers James

Hi James, I am new to the forum but I do have a Nova DVR XP with stand and Record power dust vac that is in excellent condition that I want to sell.
It is powerful and I have used it for hobby turning but I looked after it.
I can provide pictures and technical spec if interested.
I just would point out that it would need to be collected and it is in Sevenoaks in Kent.

Regards Mark.

Whatever you do do not get this lathe.
Making A Mallet On My New Ryobi Lathe - YouTube
Not having a go at Ryobi in particular as it comes under dozens of brand names and Aldi also sold it. Reason to avoid it is it does not have morse taper fittings on head and tailstocks so you will not be able to fit drill chucks, live centers or other drive centers. Almost everything sold for woodlathes will not fit. Every few weeks on forums all over the world some poor bloke is looking for something to fit one of those.
Regards
John
That's because people don't have imagination. I have the Clarke version of this lathe. I have a tailstock chuck for it. Simple. I made my own.

Back