Bucking the Housing trend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
This sign appeared outside our house this morning:

housesign-full;init:.JPG

The agent is a very good guy and clearly has a well developed sense of humour!

On the market for a week - two viewers, second one offered the asking price after one visit. Funnily enough we accepted. Best thing is that they have taken out open ended bridging to secure the house (rather them than me) so no waiting on a chain. \:D/ \:D/ :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:

My wife is now starting earlier than planned in Toronto (2nd July) so this works out very well indeed for us.

The movers are coming in on Tuesday to do a recce and see what machines, tools and timber I can get away with shipping.

With the mods permission, watch this space for a workshop/ timber sell off thread shortly.

I think we have been pretty lucky!!

Cheers

Tim

Well done Tim. We had similar luck this time last year. First Viewers put an offer in for full asking price. Sold within 5 days.

I am so glad we moved last September. we had to get rid of two houses, one of which is in a dense suburb of identical 10 years old houses.

Our current house has probably dropped in price, but we really don't care as we are not planning to move for 20 years and we have a 25 year fixed rate mortgage so we don't care about the interest rate.

A friend of ours has started to look at houses now that the prices are coming down from overpriced to just high. He walked into an estage agent over the weekend:

"Can I help you sir"
"I would like to buy a house"
"Then you would be the only one!"

The estate agents are all on basic salary as no one is buying until the prices stop falling (which will mean that the prices keep falling as sellers drop their prices to get quick sales).

Before Christmas the number of houses in our post code for sale under 200k was 1, no there are about 50.

The price drop was inevitable, people have been saying that for two years. Strange that these same people now seem so shocked that it is actually happening.

Nice one Tim - it is a beautiful looking house and I would have expected it to sell easily.

Cheers

Karl

Well done, Tim.

I bet you've been sweating a bit as you've watched house prices start to tumble!

If things don't work out in Canada you'll be able to buy it back in a couple of years at half the price! :lol:

Seriously, all the best and keep us posted on what you're up to.

Cheers
Dan

Back