British Hardwoods

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Bennett

Established Member
Reaction score
Cordy and myself had a visit to British Hardwoods at Keighley this afternoon.We found it a very pleasant experience,and of course bought some wood.I would not buy any wood without seeing it first.To me it was like a child going into a sweet shop,and I soon picked up the wood that I wanted. :? I did leave a little for Cordy to buy :wink: ,and we both came away with some good quality pieces of wood,all planed ready for use. :roll:

Bryan

To be honest I saw some thin wood and there was what I wanted,I would imagine that you may go and the choice may be limited.I was lucky in finding some that suited me.Cordy bought some wood that suited him.It was difficult to make a judgment what could be available if you went.The choice of wood could vary depending what they have been cutting.I am sorry if I am being vague but that is how I saw it. :roll:

Bryan

Yes a good trip Bryan, next time I will spend more time looking around

Not a great amount on display but the staff are great and very patient

I got american oak, walnut, sycamore and beech; with a little friendly barter -- £40
I'm no expert on timber; new to woodworking -- but I'm sure we got better deals than trading by post

I will photograph my haul later

Here is the timber bought from British Hardwoods
12 inch yellow ruler
Total weight is 40 pounds

bird%20table%20086_zpssgo8hgyq.jpg

bird%20table%20090_zpsdcjcwaap.jpg

Hello John :) Curiosity has got me, what are you planning to make with the laminated pieces :)

Not decided yet Pete
It just looked good; so I bought

One I believe is American Oak, other one Beech and Walnut
It took Bryan about 30 seconds to select his wood -- I was still climbing up the stairs !

Your plant holders turned out nice

Thanks Pete

I searched hight and low for flower pot girl with brolly not realising they are all on the same plan :oops:

Now regretting not buying a couple more of those laminated boards, they have great potential

Back