british gas!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugo35

Established Member
Reaction score
Bl**** waste of time.
got a bill through saying they owe us £191. 2 days later get another saying its only £92. on calling them they say its £172. wish they would make there mind up!! any way, after up to date readings of both gas and elec they owe us £200. but wait for it, they cant refund it unless we cancel the D/D's. if a small company run there business like that they be under in weeks. can see why people are leaving in droves. we'll be with them when we move in few weeks

Thing is lugo is "where do you go" every company is the same, sharks man every where you turn shark's :evil: .
We've alway's paid on time and we used to get £10 off for this, now we don't.They want you to pay dd and get in front so they can they budget on a regular/certain income with your money :shock: .They b. gas took away the standing charge ,great but when you study their tariff's they charge more than the original standing charge.One day the company's will go too far and we'll have the petrol demo again :D .

I had a totally different experience - rang them at 8.00am on a Monday morning to book the annual boiler service, the gas man cometh at 12 miday on the same day :shock: - Rob

I worked in both CS and Public relations for 3 years with BG. I take it you are on a budget plan whereby you pay a set amount each month?

The first thing to remember is that the plan is designed to run over a rolling 12month period, and beleive it or not if supplied with regular reading they DO work extremly well, BUT you need to review it at the right time.
Now, by 1) refusing to give a refund, they may just be saying, "Hold on, we're coming up to the time of year when the biggest bills fall on the mat (Which is actually May/june!) so wait until budget year end.

2) They CANNOT hold onto your money in this manner. Yes the staff are told to try to prevent refunds if at all possible, but go back and insist, under the terms of the arrangemnet you ARE ENTITLED to any over payment back.

I have dealth with this many thousands of times.

I will however say though, that whilst it may seem at this moment you are overpaying, I really would suggest you try to hold on until the plan year end if you can, it really does make a difference, an no it is not designed to benefit BG, it's just the way the calculations are made. What makes it worse is people who build up a credit before christmas (which is actually built into the plan) then want a refund then complain when their payments go up after getting a large winter bill - due to the fact the cash reserve was given back. A good run plan with regualr accurate readings will on average work out for over 90% of people with little or no changes to their payments from one year to a next.

I'm not sticking up for BG here, many of thier staff are poorly trained now and some of thier systems suck.
I was treated appallingly and ended up having a nervous breakdown due to them, (I went from a Public relations manager controlling staff and budget working all over england and having company car etc, to sitting on a phone and having to put my hand up to ask to go to the loo!) but this is a field I know well.

If you want further explanations drop me a PM.

Woody

I had a totally different experience - rang them at 8.00am on a Monday morning to book the annual boiler service, the gas man cometh at 12 miday on the same day Shocked - Rob

Hmm - doesn't sound like they have many customers left :wink:

Dennis

Back