Bringing goods from the EU

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
......mic.

The best strategy is now to accept the outcome and focus on making it work - anything else is quite simply futile waste of energy.
But to make what work exactly, and how?
We are seeing how people are coping with the problems but nobody seems to know how to take advantage of our wonderful new world order.
What are people able now to do differently and better?

Oh. and ditch FPTP, introduce PR voting or similar.
How about educating people so they realise that they are not voting for the decision makers, they are merely voting for the face on TV which relays the decision to us.

Well @Jacob, we can now:
Plan our overseas holidays so that we go by BEV and use the 3 hour border delay to recharge our batteries.
Make a few bob down the pub by selling all the fags and booze we managed to sneak back in our underpants
Have the school kids re-energize that age old school holiday pastime of tattie picking and scything in the harvest
Reach our carbon zero target by reducing our transport emissions by not having anywhere near the number of EU driving permits we need
Have a fully environmental economy as we probably won't be able to afford the fuel for all these marvelously made British motor industry gas guzzlers as no BEV tech is being installed in our car factories just for some tiny vans
Learn to enjoy whale at the chip shop due to our amazingly brilliant new trade deal with Japan
Discover the wonderful joy in eating a real KFC that has been to the public baths before cooking
Reminisce about how we had weird red passport that we didn't really need to use even though we took them everywhere we went on the continent. How strange, at least now we get to line up for a really cool stamp
Remember the time you had a job interview on the Friday and started the new job on the Tuesday in Dresden, it would have been Monday but you couldn't put your stuff in storage over the weekend

the list goes on but the most important is the chance to sneak in price hikes and blame Boris

the game is over

Youve fallen for the Johnson narrative.

brexit is actually only on day 3......

now lets have a think and wonder why brexiteers were so happy to expand and cement misinformation all the time they were enjoying the benefits of the Single Market.....but are now so desperate so shut down any debate on it.

If brexit is going to be fantastic, brexiters would be wanting to talk about it

so come on Bob, what is it you want to hide away from? ☺

but youve just said your other forum is full of brexers....going on for 4000 pages

and its not true brexiteers have the been the most vocal, the most angry throughout 2020 and will be even more angry this year.

Sorry was, it's now just whingers posting.

Youve fallen for the Johnson narrative.

brexit is actually only on day 3......

now lets have a think and wonder why brexiteers were so happy to expand and cement misinformation all the time they were enjoying the benefits of the Single Market.....but are now so desperate so shut down any debate on it.

If brexit is going to be fantastic, brexiters would be wanting to talk about it

so come on Bob, what is it you want to hide away from? ☺
Sorry mate, where did I say I wanted to shut down debate? You lot carry on, all for it. I even said don't shut the thread down.
I suppose it's deifficult to have a debate/ arguement amongst yourselves, but you do have Jacob at the table so someone will get annoyed soon to fuel the debate /arguement :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

and its not true brexiteers have the been the most vocal, the most angry throughout 2020 and will be even more angry this year.

of course it suits your narrative to say this. I'd say the opposite. That's just what happens. £5please for that arguement, if you want a better one go next door ...................

you sound a little bit annoyed, I'm as happy as larry. So that bit of your quote doesn't ring true. with me, but we are just 2.

Maybe political parties dont want bright people to be MPs....its in their favour to have MPs that simply vote for whatever the party wants.

why have thinkers when you can get sheep
Good point, maybe that explains how Diane Abbott has risen the ranks.

It takes a special breed of person to become a politician. They clearly enjoy that which the more normal avoid:
  • willingness to endure public humiliation, abuse and criticism
  • start a career which almost inevitably ends in failure
They may believe their sacrifice is in the best interests of the country and its citizens. This is often delusional.

Political leadership requires people with high levels of certain competencies - in particular creating the illusion that you agree with everybody and know everything. Very occassionally genuine compassion can work.

It would be preferable that those with the highest level of ability are not dissuaded from a political career through want of a decent income. £81k pa is more than most earn, but for the really able does not "cut the mustard". It is far too little to attract the right talent.

Contrast this with an apparent general lack of concern for the relatively unimportant - earnings of those who kick footballs, play music, act in films etc, whose income may be £81k per week, not pa. This is bizarre.

I would not suggest so generous a package for our political leaders - but (say) £500k pa may attract the best, not just the egotistical and flawed.

We could have a very different political system now had Guy Fawkes not messed up, and yet we continue to celebrate his failure!

My £5 says the other thread is the Pistonheads one.

I see you are trying to bring the thread to end Bobby! Do you want a list of thick tories? Start with Gavin Williamson?

Indeed Jacob .......................... why is Diane Abbott a thread ender, surely even she can't f--- up a thread with no participation :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: granted she's messed up plenty of interviews with little knowledgeable participation.
I think you're getting paranoid, don't blame you, if they shut this thread down where will the resistance go ............... Jacob would be the french gerndarme...... "gud moaning, I was pissing by the door, when I heard two shats. You are holding in your hand a smoking goon; you are clearly the guilty potty."

Last edited:
I have a micro digger and 4x4 mini dumper at a property in France that I took over last year.
I have little in the way of proof that I took them over from the UK on the ferry on a trailer apart from some random photos of the machine in the UK and the machine on a trailer prior to leaving so am a bit concerned how I would fair when I have to bring them back to the UK sometime later this year after Brexit !

Bit niche I supposed but other people must have similar large equipment or tooling in the EU that they took over from the UK ?

Anyone ?
If you look around at home, would you not be able to find that dated receipt for purchase of said machines for non profit use before leaving the EU? Might that give you proof of ownership before, and thus would have been bought whilst under EU law? I am wondering this myself.....sorry if it has been answered trying to catch up...been under a Renault all day....🤯.....no jokes please.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back