Bright daylight type work lights.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutting Crew

Established Member
Reaction score
Being a full time woodturner, a nice part of my work involves testing and reviewing equipment for magazines. A few months ago, a member on another forum put me on to a company called Nulight who sell very bright, daylight type bulbs for workshops and machine lights.

I contacted Nulight and was sent a series of high intensity daylight lamps and, to say the least, these are the brightest, white type lights I have ever used. All the lamps are of the semi-spiral type and are low wattage. The current range goes from 20w to 65w which is equivalent to 150w to 325w on normal incandescent bulbs. All the bulbs have a colour temperature of 6400k where the normal domestic lighting is around 2700k which is very yellow compared to the Nulight bulbs.

The big advantage for me when woodturning, apart from the obvious quality of the light is the lack of intense heat from the bulb. When I’m working I often need to have the light near to my head to see inside the hollow forms I turn and the heat from normal bulbs always left me with bad headaches and eye strain, there is very little heat from the spiral bulbs. Having a very high Lux rating, the bulbs are ideal for use in any workshop or studio where colour balance or close up work is involved. I've found these bulbs to be a big help when working and they should also suit artists or crafts people of any form.

They are the same bulbs used to aid SAD (Season Affective Disorder) where the lack of sunlight is a problem. The bulbs are not cheap, but should prove excellent value as they have an estimated 8000 hour life and are of low wattage. I’ve got them in my workshop over the lathes, in the anglepoise type worklights I use when turning and over the table where I do my airbrushing.

Regards....Mike

hi mike
just had a look around their site and the product looks good, but no prices, so i conclude that they must be very expensive, do you have any idea??

Same here - tried to look for prices and tried to buy one, the website is obviously not functional yet.

All the ordering is normally done through Nulight's website,looks as they've got problems with the system.

Best give Alan a ring on 07852 555985, he's very helpful.

Regards....Mike

Back