Brand sparkly new Transit coming early May. Happy days.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Orm

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent deal £2000 less than the local Ford dealer could offer. It's brand new, not an import and not pre registered. Bought it from Vansdirect. Excellent finance deal, all very quick and painless. Highly recommended.
He reckoned that all Ford dealers are franchises and their annual sales don't compare with Vansdirect, hence the price.

Can anyone else throw any light on the discount? Roll on May....Peugeot for sale.

Well done Graham! love to hear people getting good deals.... makes a change from ripping people off.

Brian

is it a transit custom ?

im a big VW fan and have a T5 at the moment but I do like the look of those transit customs. A lot cheaper than a T6 now.

As well as all the expected gizmo's it has air con and voice controlled blue tooth phone connection which will be a massive help for me.My daughter has it in her car and it works well.
It also has the Ford patented heated windscreen, I had one on a Mondeo I had a few years back and it was superb, nomore de-icer!. The turning circle on my Boxer is like a black cab and it turns on a sixpence but I can't find the turning circle for the transit anywhere, I'm expecting it not to be as good.

From the Ford brochure.
Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,109
Yeah we've got that on our Audi. You can even change radio station by voice :)

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

They are right Graham.
All dealers are franchises, however, they cannot buy vehicles direct from Ford or any other manufacturer. What they are probably doing is using a fleet discount to reduce the price. All the rental companies and major fleets get incentives from the manufacturers. The manufacturers tend to take a dim view on them passing it on to an end user as it means that they have not used the incentive for their own use.
The dealers are not all rip off merchants as everyone seems to believe, at least, not on the sales side. They all have the same margins and are likely to retain just 3 or 4% as a margin, would you tie up £20,000+ to retain that?
The only way a dealer can retain that massive profit margin is to meet ALL the targets set by the manufcturer, that includes sales targets, customer satisfaction and numerous others. Their real income stream is the aftersales side.

I miss the heated front screen on our old ford galaxy, got a vw sharan for sliding doors, but now back to scraping ice in a morning :cry:

Thanks for the heads up about vans direct. My transit is due its mot soon and last was£700 of welding to get it through. Shame as for a 12 year old van, it has only done 104k miles which is nothing.

Roll on may

Nick

Paul Dye":19rxwz08 said:
They are right Graham.
All dealers are franchises, however, they cannot buy vehicles direct from Ford or any other manufacturer. What they are probably doing is using a fleet discount to reduce the price. All the rental companies and major fleets get incentives from the manufacturers. The manufacturers tend to take a dim view on them passing it on to an end user as it means that they have not used the incentive for their own use.
The dealers are not all rip off merchants as everyone seems to believe, at least, not on the sales side. They all have the same margins and are likely to retain just 3 or 4% as a margin, would you tie up £20,000+ to retain that?
The only way a dealer can retain that massive profit margin is to meet ALL the targets set by the manufacturer, that includes sales targets, customer satisfaction and numerous others. Their real income stream is the after sales side.

Interesting input Paul. Thanks. My brother once sold mainframe computers to the likes of Tesco and the NHS. His team's turnover was £25m that was ten years ago.He said they make something silly like 1% on the sale but make big bucks on the peripherals and care packages.

I ordered an Mitsubishi L200 the online price was 2.5K cheaper than my local dealer could do. The dealer said i was getting it at less than they could buy it in at!!!! However my local dealer were able to go to Mitsubishi and negotiated a special discount, They price matched it and i pick it up on the 1st of April... CANT WAIT!

Mark

Markvk":101a3ls9 said:
I ordered an Mitsubishi L200 the online price was 2.5K cheaper than my local dealer could do. The dealer said i was getting it at less than they could buy it in at!!!! However my local dealer were able to go to Mitsubishi and negotiated a special discount, They price matched it and i pick it up on the 1st of April... CANT WAIT!

Mark

Excellent! There are deals to be had. Nothing like the anticipation of a new vehicle. I had a new Nissan Navara which is similar to the L200. that was a great vehicle.

when I got my Chrysler 300c I managed to get approx £9,000 off thanks to a guy cancelling his order :cool: it cost me nearly as much in fuel though lol plus a new alloy when I hit a pothole.
What sort of mpg do you get with the new transits? always wanted to convert one into a day van for photography excursions.

Claymore":dm3surnj said:
when I got my Chrysler 300c I managed to get approx £9,000 off thanks to a guy cancelling his order :cool: it cost me nearly as much in fuel though lol plus a new alloy when I hit a pothole.
What sort of mpg do you get with the new transits? always wanted to convert one into a day van for photography excursions.

I didn't bother checking to be honest. As a commercial they will all be much the same I think. I'm expecting it to be better than my 10 year old Peugeot!

It has a cap-less fuel filler, you just push the nozzle in apparently, and it wont accept a petrol nozzle only diesel.

There aren't any government tests for commercials as they could have a different load each journey. What load would you test them at? What Van used to publish figures, but not sure what their criteria was.

The cap-less fuel filler is great, it should also have a short funnel like piece come with it. Keep it safe. If you were to run out of fuel you will need it to get fuel in, as a fuel can may not have the right width to operate it :)

I am sure you will love your new van!

I for one think that the choice of colour is a brave move, but my 5 year old daughter would definitely approve.

"Sparkly"

:)

Paul Dye":23zr84tm said:
There aren't any government tests for commercials as they could have a different load each journey. What load would you test them at? What Van used to publish figures, but not sure what their criteria was.

The cap-less fuel filler is great, it should also have a short funnel like piece come with it. Keep it safe. If you were to run out of fuel you will need it to get fuel in, as a fuel can may not have the right width to operate it :)

I am sure you will love your new van!
Good tip, thanks Paul.

Wuffles":3fd7jynt said:
I for one think that the choice of colour is a brave move, but my 5 year old daughter would definitely approve.

"Sparkly"

:)

It's silver :mrgreen: Shows the dirt less than my current white one....I hope.

Back