Bradite One Can paint?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody got any long term experience of this stuff externally?

My mothers windows are badly in need of a paint and I was thinking of using it, I have used it a couple of times externally when it's been supplied by customers and I was really impressed with it.

It seems too good to be true but guess it's similar to the Zinsser Allcoat or Bedec paints which always seem to get good reviews.

I can get the Bradite from my little local independent paint supplier and they can mix it in any colour which is handy.

I'm old fashioned and like my oil based stuff but the Bradite will be much easier and save loads of time but obviously don't want to use it if it won't last?

Any thoughts?

Not heard of this before Doug a quick google comes up with some very favourable reviews, though it looks like it’s only been around for 4 or so years.

my rules are existing oil based paint I always overcoat with oil based. Water based existing can be either( oil or water) given a key but obviously stick with water. I just don't think they stick well. it's a rule I've had success with generally. flexi gloss and satin from sandtex are my firm favourites. with owatrol added.

The white is very poor in opacity. I wouldn’t recommend it, it’s like painting milk!

The white is very poor in opacity. I wouldn’t recommend it, it’s like painting milk!

I read a review that said the same, I also found that to be the case with the white Bedec MSP. I made a window for a customer and used the Bedec on it, after I think 5 coats you could still see through it.

I have got the windows painted now using the Bradite, it was an Anthracite kind of colour and covered okay, needed three coats but it was over white. Goes on really well and dries quickly, will update in a couple of years with if it's peeled off or not........

Back