Bowl Turning Work

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peckham Turner

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a wood turner based in South London. I work alone but have recently taken on a lot of work and I am looking for a fellow wood turner to help me.

You don't need to be based in London- once I show you the design and feel confident you can make bowls to fit my requirements, I was thinking that I could pay per unit. So the more you do, the more you get.

Thought it could be a good way of gaining help from skilled craftsmen/women and quite a fun project to take on.

Be nice to hear your views,

Thank you.

Hello and welcome,

I think it might help if you could give us an idea of the type of bowls you are looking for, ie:- deep, shallow, large, small, for food use etc. Is there a website we could see to get an idea of what you would require?

Also, is your potential turning partner expected to buy the blank stock? This could mean a large outlay for what might potentially be stock that you may reject as unsuitable. Not a good idea for someone who only turns as a hobby.

This is something that I could potentially be interested in, and I'm sure other people will be too but a little more detail I think would help you to find the most suitable partners for your purposes.

Hope this is helpful to you,
Regards,
Dave.

I sent a PM just to find out what he had in mind, but no reply as yet.

Peckham Turner":22xbiq3k said:
I am here and trying to respond to your PM but can figured out how to do it!

Global forum Rules, at the top of the section.

(12) New Members
New members will not be able to post links or send PM's until they have made more than 3 posts

! I'm a 27 year old female trying to learn more about turning and have been offered an opportunity to turn bowls- more than I am able to turn by myself so need help. If this is seen as a commercial enterprise, then apologies for the confusion on my behalf. Please advise me on how I can go about getting help to turn bowls from other turners that might be interested in helping me?

Hi all, thank you very much for your comments and your help. I have had some really kind offers and now I'm going to respond to PMs.

Have a nice day.

Back