Bought one of these to see how good they were

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I have a couple I screwed into a cabinet back for placing files, a metal rule and a couple of squares on.
Works well.

Does the use of magnets in the workshop cause any issues with things becoming magnetised?

I use magnetic trays and have one "hanging off" each of the major machines, containing all of the required tools for blade fitting etc.

I have a magnet bar with a small baton of wood screwed to it. Then I have some nails / hooks in it. It sticks to my bandsaw and my push sticks hang on it.

I also have Allen keys wrapped in Velcro and then a strip of the other half of the velcro on the tool that it is for such as on my pillar drill. That works well.

Going to experiment with hiding it behind the wood of the chisel rack. I'll have to rout the front pretty thin.

Grayorm":3ht58v0h said:
Magnet bar for kitchen/workshop use 300mm long £2
Superb, have ordered 4 more

Unfortunately I've found that these start to weaken after a year or two. I used to use them for storing the quick release toolholders for my (metal) lathe. At first they were great, but after a while the tools started to slide and then even fall off. Probably fine for a few years for files and chisels, but anything heavier they can't be trusted long term.
I used these Silverline ones: http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-PCE-MAGNETIC- ... B000WTPK18

Back